Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Top Spot

Ok, Skool for the Gifted is my first expedition into the blagosphere... & I figure blogging is infinitely less vapid than MySpFaceTwitterBook. I can't comprehend why people update their "status" on those things every time they're getting a cup of coffee, but oh well...

I've always thought it would be very rewarding to write a book; especially a smart, and funny book. So, I was watching tv with Jamee recently, and saw part of an interview with the widow of a Iraq war vet who had kept a daily journal for his newborn son as a contingency in case he died overseas. The wife had the journal published as a book and the boy will always have that to remember his dad. As a father of four, there will no doubt be things that I want to tell all mine but somehow forget to... memories that I'd like to document (but Dads aren't known for scrapbooking) or advice that would be good to state just for the record; and I thought this could be a good way for me to begin something encompassing thoughts, memories, the wisdom and advice passed on to me from my parents and others, and my own Deep Thoughts (haha). For those who know me best (that's you, honey) the title is maybe both ironic and fitting, both for me, and even for my little ones. Since I'm the author, I look forward to recording some history that conveniently excludes my follies and utilizes the stylings of my own humor...
And maybe someday, I'll have enough to put some kind of book together. We'll see..

1 comment:

  1. that would be cool, I have thought about writing something also. Aaron is always saying you do better writing something than speaking LOL! it took me a bit to find out who was following along with me! Did you cut that hair yet?

    ReplyDelete